Terms & Conditions
Tree House Hotel OaseWeil
The Terms and Conditions of OaseWeil GmbH & Co. KG,
Waldenbucher Straße 151, 71093 Weil im Schönbuch for the use of meeting and banqueting rooms.
The terms and conditions regulate the contractual relationship between the customers of the Tree House Hotel and OaseWeil GmbH & Co.KG. Customers are deemed to have accepted these on booking.
1 Booking and payment
Once a reservation request has been received, OaseWeil will check whether the booking can be made and will send the customer a confirmation of their reservation once 50% of the total price has been paid. This payment must be received within four working days. The reservation will be cancelled if the payment is received any later than this.
The booking is deemed to be accepted once the reservation confirmation has been sent. The booking is only for the number of guests indicated by the customer in advance in the request. Any change to the number of guests requires the consent of OaseWeil and may result in an adjustment to the price. There must be at least one adult in each tree house. Pets are not allowed in the tree houses or the Tree House Hotel grounds. Subletting of the tree houses is not permitted under any circumstances.
The remaining 50% of the total price must be paid in cash or using an EC card on arrival, unless this amount has been transferred in advance.
2 Arrival and departure
Check in is from 3pm. Check out is until 11am on the day of your departure. If customers leave any later, OaseWeil is entitled to charge them for any costs that arise as a result. If the rooms are left excessively dirty, OaseWeil can charge a cleaning fee of EUR 40 to cover the increased staff costs.The reception is open until 6pm. If customers intend to arrive any later than this, they must inform OaseWeil of this by telephone no later than two days before their arrival.
3 Services and prices
OaseWeil is obliged to keep the tree house booked by the customer available for them and to provide the agreed services. The contractual services arise from the description of services in the current advertising materials and on the OaseWeil website.
OaseWeil is entitled to request a security deposit from the customer for additional services provided during their stay, for example in the form of a credit card.
The customer is obliged to pay the fixed prices for use of the tree house and any further services of which they have made use. This also applies to services arranged by the customer and expenses incurred by OaseWeil from third parties. The prices can be found on the current OaseWeil price list.
The legal provisions apply in the event of a default in payment.
4 Cancellation by the customer, non-use of the services
In the event of a cancellation up to and including 60 days before the arrival date, OaseWeil will charge the customer a processing fee of EUR 50. If the cancellation is made between 59 and 30 days before the arrival date, OaseWeil is entitled to keep 50% of the total fee. In the event of a cancellation between 29 and 14 days before the arrival date, OaseWeil will charge the customer a cancellation fee of 80%, and if the cancellation is made in less than 14 days before the reserved date, then the charge is 100%.
5 Withdrawal by OaseWeil
OaseWeil is entitled to withdraw from the contract in an extraordinary without giving a notice period for justified reasons, particularly if
(1) force majeure or other circumstances for which OaseWeil is not responsible make the fulfilment of the contract impossible,
(2) the customer has culpably provided confusing or false information about contractual matters, for example about themselves or the purpose of their stay,
(3) the tree house that has been booked is sublet without the consent of OaseWeil or used for purposes other than accommodation or for illegal purposes,
(4) the customer breaches the terms and conditions and/or the house rules. for example by constantly disturbing other tenants despite being warned about this,
(5) OaseWeil has good reason to believe that the use of their services would present a risk to the smooth operation of the business, the safety or the public appearance of OaseWeil without this being attributable to the management or organisational area of the hotel.
Justified withdrawal on the part of OaseWeil does not entitle the customer to make any claims for damages or other compensation. Claims made by OaseWeil for the restoration of damage that occurs to OaseWeil and the expenses incurred are not affected in the event of a justified termination of the contract.
6 Bad weather and storms
If there is a risk of dangerous weather or storms, OaseWeil is entitled to close the tree house that has been booked for safety reasons and provide the customer with emergency accommodation. Instructions given by staff members to leave the tree house must be followed.
If such a change in accommodation occurs, the customer is entitled to a reduction in the booked accommodation costs of 50%.
7 Liability, limitation period, compensation
The tree houses are handed over in a clean and tidy condition. If there are any deficiencies or any are identified during the rental period, OaseWeil must be informed of this immediately. According to legal provisions, the customer is liable for any damage to the rental property, the inventory and the communal facilities, e.g. broken crockery, damage to the floor or the furniture caused by them or third parties known to them. This includes the loss of keys and other access media. The inventory should be handled gently and with due care and is only intended to remain in the tree houses. The contract can be terminated without a notice period if the tree houses are used for purposes that are contrary to the contract. The rent that has already been paid will be kept by OaseWeil. If the customer has liability insurance, the damage must be communicated to their insurance provider. The name, address and insurance number must be communicated to OaseWeil immediately.
Liability on the part of OaseWeil for breaches of contractual obligations and arising from criminal offences is limited to intent and gross negligence. Excluded from this are damages arising from injury to the life, body or health of the customer and damages arising from a breach of major obligations; in this respect OaseWeil is responsible for any degree of fault. If a major obligation is breached, liability is limited to regular and foreseeable damages. Major obligations are essential obligations that arise from the nature of the contract, the restriction of which would jeopardise the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract, in other words in particular those obligations that enable the proper implementation of the contract in the first place and which the customer regularly does and should be able to rely on being complied with.
Where limitation on the part of the tree house hotel is excluded or restricted, this also applies to the personal liability of the legal representatives, employees, staff and agents of OaseWeil.
The customer is aware that a tree house carries certain risks with it, for example in the form of steep steps, low door lintels, a risk of falling inside and on the walkway, particularly when it is wet or snowy, branch breaks and other things. OaseWeil is not liable for personal damage or damage to the customer’s property. The customer uses the tree house and the surrounding OaseWeil area at their own risk. They must take reasonable measures to remedy malfunctions and keep possible damage to a minimum. The customer must inform OaseWeil of any malfunctions or deficiencies immediately. If malfunctions or deficiencies are known to OaseWeil, OaseWeil will make every effort to ensure these are remedied.
OaseWeil is liable for items the customer has brought with them according to the legal provisions of §§ 701 et seqq. of the Civil Code.
Where liability on the part of OaseWeil for damage that is not based on an injury to life, body or health for slight negligence is not excluded, claims of this type lapse one year from the start of the statutory limitation period.
Customers can only offset or settle against claims on the part of the Tree House Hotel if the claims are undisputed or have been legally established.
8 Photos, film and advertising
OaseWeil reserves the right to take photos and film within the OaseWeil grounds, including those that show guests. These photos and film may be used for advertising purposes and to present OaseWeil to the public.
If the customer does not wish to appear in pictures or film, they should avoid getting into the shot and talking to the photographers.
9 House rules
The house rules are part of these terms and conditions and are available on the OaseWeil website, in the reception and in the information folder in each tree house.
In the event of a severe breach of the house rules, OaseWeil is entitled to terminate the contractual relationship following an ineffective warning.
The invalidity of individual provisions of these terms and conditions does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. An effective provision that comes as close as possible to the economic substance of the invalid provision will replace this. The same applies to possible gaps in the contract.
The correction of errors, particularly typing and calculation errors in written offers, confirmations or brochures issued by OaseWeil is reserved.
Ancillary agreements must be in writing.
The place of performance and payment is the headquarters of OaseWeil in Weil im Schönbuch.
German law applies. The use of UN Sales Law is excluded.
The sole place of jurisdiction is Stuttgart.
Version of 21 April 2020
your safety and well-being are important to us. For all guests to have a pleasant stay, we ask you to carefully read and adhere to the following house rules.
Our Treehouse hotel nestled within a nature reserve is a place of recreation and relaxation. Please act responsibly on the premises and in the Treehouses so that other guests are not disturbed. In case of severe weather warnings, we reserve the right to vacate the facility. In this case, we will inform you immediately and discuss further procedures with you. Please follow the instructions of the staff for your own safety.
- To book a Treehouse or make a reservation a person has to be over the age of 18.
- It is not possible to park directly at the Treehouses. You should leave your vehicle in the OaseWeil carpark immediately on the right-hand side after entering the premises. The terms and conditions of OaseWeil Carpark apply.
- No pets of any kind are permitted on the premises of OaseWeil.
- When checking in at the reception you will receive 2 KeyCards for your Treehouse. The KeyCard opens both the entrance gate and the Treehouse door. KeyCards must be returned to the reception during check out. For loss of a KeyCard we will charge 10 Euro.
- Only checked-in guests are allowed in the Treehouses.
- Children under the age of 18 cannot occupy a Treehouse. A legal guardian must be staying with them at all times. So please attend to your children to avoid any mishappenings. Parents are responsible for their children.
- Within the Treehouses only house slippers may be used. For that purpose we provide shoe socks with rubber soles upon your check-in which you may take home. Please stow your outdoor shoes in the shoe racks provided in the entrance area (carpeted area).
- Please avoid causing disturbance to other guests especially between 10 pm and 6 am. If any disturbances occur and a warning from authorized staff doesn’t stop it, guests will be asked to leave the hotel without a refund.
- The Treehouses and all facilities especially sanitary facilities are to be treated properly in order to avoid damage and to be kept them in a clean condition.
- Please use the rubbish bins provided in the Treehouses. Please do not dispose of sanitary napkins, tampons, baby wipes, diapers or similar items in the toilets. Only toilet paper should be flushed down.
- All flames e.g. candle lights – even in lanterns – are not permitted for the safety of our guests. Flammable and highly combustible substances (such as spirits, lighter gas, firecrackers etc.) are not to be stored or used in Treehouses and the surrounding premises.
- Please close all windows and doors when leaving the Treehouse during your stay and during rain, snowfall and storms.
- Please limit opening the windows to air only for a few minutes during the heating season.
- Please do not shake out or throw out anything from the windows, doors, balconies or terraces.
- Tree trunks supporting the Treehouses or any kind of frames supporting the Treehouses as well as fences should not be climbed. Emergency exit windows and the adjacent balconies may only be used in time of emergency.
- Please keep all stairs inside and outside the Treehouses clear of obstructions for emergency purposes. Use the bridge of the Treehouse to get in and out.
- Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout our Treehouses. Please observe all relevant legal requirements, in particular, copyrights of third parties are to be observed. Uploads and downloads via so-called file-sharing networks are not permitted and will result in a claim for damages. The user will be held responsible.
The Terms and Conditions of OaseWeil GmbH & Co. KG,
Waldenbucher Straße 151, 71093 Weil im Schönbuch for the use of meeting and banqueting rooms.
- The terms and conditions apply to events in the meeting and banqueting rooms owned by OaseWeil in Weil im Schönbuch and to all associated deliveries and services. They apply accordingly to other rooms, external areas and other areas that OaseWeil provides. Some provisions also apply to reservations in the Tree House Hotel.
- If the customer is not the event organiser, the customer confirms to OaseWeil that these terms and conditions will also be complied with by the event organiser. Subletting rooms and areas is only permitted with the express written consent of OaseWeil.
- Reservations of rooms and areas and the agreement of other deliveries and services become binding on return of the meeting or event confirmation signed by OaseWeil. Other agreements, amendments and arrangements for agreements or ancillary agreements must be confirmed by both sides in writing. The handing over of rooms or areas forms the basis of a tenancy.
- The prices are in euros and include statutory VAT, which is currently set at 19%. An increase in the VAT rate after conclusion of the contract shall be covered by the customer. If the period between conclusion of the contract and provision of the service exceeds 180 days, OaseWeil reserves the right to make changes to the price.
- Payments: Invoices issued by OaseWeil must be paid within 10 days of the invoice date without deductions. In case the total price agreed is over 1000 Euros, the customer/event organiser pays a non-refundable deposit of 30%. If the customer/event organiser defaults on payment, OaseWeil is entitled to terminate the contractual relationship. In this case, the customer/event organiser is liable to OaseWeil for any damages that occur.
- If the customer/event organiser cancels the event, OaseWeil is entitled to retain the deposit. The cancellation fees are as follows: Cancellations between 6 and 3 months before the agreed date are charged at 30% of the agreed total price. Cancellations between 3 months and 30 days are charged at 70%, cancellations between 29 and 14 days at 80%, cancellations between 13 and 7 days at 90% and within a week of the agreed date at 100% of the agreed total price.
- Offsetting on the part of the customer with claims of any kind is not permitted, nor is the withholding of payments due to OaseWeil as a result of such claims. The transfer of a claim against us is excluded.
- The final number of participants in an event must be communicated to OaseWeil by the customer/event organiser no later than seven working days before the event as otherwise careful preparation cannot be guaranteed.
- If the number of participants is exceeded, there is no guarantee that the additional guests will be permitted to enter. In this case, OaseWeil is entitled to refuse access to additional guests for safety and other reasons. If, however, they are entitled to enter, the charges will reflect the actual or final number of people.
- The official approvals necessary for the use/event must be obtained by the customer/event organiser promptly and at their own expense. Where this is necessary, this also includes obtaining reproduction rights from GEMA. OaseWeil is released by the customer/event organiser from any claims by GEMA arising, among other things, from the unauthorised use of content owned by GEMA or third parties. The customer/event organiser must comply with all laws and all official requirements, particularly the Youth Protection Act.
- The customer is responsible for all loss and damage to the property of OaseWeil (including the premises and any fixtures, furnishings or goods) caused by or arising from any act or omission by you, your guests or any other persons attending your event.They must report any damage that occurs immediately. The customer/event organiser must take responsibility for all compensation claims that arise from the use/event. They must provide assistance to OaseWeil in the form of conscientious information in the event of a legal dispute. They are liable in particular for damages and losses of fixed or mobile inventory or devices during the event even where there is no evidence of fault. The customer/event organiser shall conclude appropriate liability insurance with the Allianz General Agency Henry Agner, 73765 Neuhausen, Tel.: 07158-7099365. Evidence of the insurance must be provided no later than 14 days before the start of the event.
- The installation of decorations or other items without the consent of OaseWeil is not permitted. All decorative material must comply with fire regulations. Open fires and the use of pyrotechnics is not permitted.
- OaseWeil does not accept any liability for the loss of or damage to items brought in by the customer/event organiser. These items can be stored in the rooms or on the premises rented at the customer/event organiser’s own risk. These items must be removed immediately no later than at the end of the rental period.
- A lien is created on all of the items brought in by the customer/event organiser of any kinds with respect to all claims made by OaseWeil against the customer/event organiser.
- Times for preparation activities such as the unloading and installation of decorations, the setting up of items, the implementation of tests and the removal and transport of items brought in away must be agreed.
- The customer/event organiser is obliged to appoint one or more responsible person(s) for the entire duration of the use/event. One responsible person must be present and contactable at all times within the event facility.
- OaseWeil exercises domiciliary right at all times. Instructions given by OaseWeil employees must be followed. OaseWeil employees must be allowed to access the rooms that have been rented at all times.
- The technical equipment may only be operated by OaseWeil staff. Connecting to the light or power network is expressly prohibited.
- The bringing in of food and drinks to consume on the premises is not permitted. Exceptions are possible with the written approval of OaseWeil. In this case, the customer/event organiser must pay the applicable service costs and corkage fees.
- Newspaper advertisements and advertising materials that invite participants to attend event in OaseWeil, regardless of the type, require the written consent of OaseWeil. If these are published without the consent of OaseWeil and vital interests of OaseWeil are adversely affected as a result, OaseWeil has the right to cancel the event. Any costs, loss of earnings and possible compensation claims must be covered by the customer/event organiser.
- If OaseWeil is justified in assuming that the safety or the reputation of OaseWeil are at risk or in the event of force majeure, structural or official measures or requirements, OaseWeil is entitled to cancel the event. The claiming of any compensation from OaseWeil by the customer/event organiser is excluded.
- If the customer is provided with one or more car parking space(s), including if the customer pays for this, there is no safekeeping contract as a result of this.
- OaseWeil is entitled to cancel an event if the demand or participant numbers are too low, or for other good causes for which OaseWeil is not responsible, e.g. sudden illness of the speaker. Participation fees that have already been paid will of course be reimbursed. Further liability and compensation claims are excluded unless there is intent or gross negligence on the part of OaseWeil. Claims for compensation for hotel rooms booked and flight or train tickets are also excluded.
- OaseWeil is entitled to make necessary content, method and organisational changes or deviations, for example as a result of legal changes, before or during the event where these do not significantly change the benefits of the advertised event for the participants. OaseWeil is also entitled to replace planned speakers with other persons with similar qualifications in the advertised topic if this is necessary, for example in the event of illness or accident or the like. The same applies to music events.
- If OaseWeil provides documents, brochures or flyers of any kind, it does not accept any liability for the correctness, accuracy and completeness of these.
- By concluding the respective contract, the customer/ event organizer recognises the provisions of these terms and conditions and the house rules as part of the contract.
- The place of performance for all obligations arising from the contractual relationship is Weil im Schönbuch. The sole place of jurisdiction is Stuttgart.
- If a provision of these terms and conditions is ineffective, this does not affect the validity of the other provisions. The closest possible provision applies instead of the invalid provision. The legal provisions also apply.
Version of 21 April 2020