Terms & Conditions
Tree House Hotel OaseWeil
The terms and conditions regulate the contractual relationship between the customers of the Tree House Hotel and OaseWeil GmbH & Co.KG. Customers are deemed to have accepted these on booking.
1 Booking and payment
Booking can be made online at www.oaseweil.de. The booking is fully confirmed when the payment has been made. After payment is completed, a confirmation with the reservation number will be sent by email. If you have not received a booking confirmation within 24 hours please contact OaseWeil at 07157-669850. Booking is only valid for the number of persons booked. Any change to the number of persons staying in the tree house requires the consent of OaseWeil and will result in an adjustment of the price. Minors under the age of 18 cannot book a room and/or stay in a house without an adult. There must be at least one adult in each tree house.
Subletting of the tree houses is not permitted under any circumstances. Pets are not allowed in the tree houses or the immediate tree house hotel grounds.
2 Arrival and departure
Check in is from 3pm to 6pm. Check out is until 11am on the day of your departure. If customers leave any later, OaseWeil is entitled to charge them for any costs that arise as a result. If the rooms are left excessively dirty, OaseWeil can charge a cleaning fee of EUR 40 to cover the increased staff costs.
The reception is open until 6pm. If customers intend to arrive any later than this, they must inform OaseWeil of this by telephone no later than two days before their arrival.
3 Services and prices
OaseWeil is obliged to keep the tree house booked by the customer available for them and to provide the agreed services. The contractual services arise from the description of services in the current advertising materials and on the OaseWeil website.
OaseWeil is entitled to request a security deposit from the customer for additional services provided during their stay, for example in the form of a credit card.
The customer is obliged to pay the fixed prices for use of the tree house and any further services of which they have made use. This also applies to services arranged by the customer and expenses incurred by OaseWeil from third parties. The prices can be found on the current OaseWeil price list.
The legal provisions apply in the event of a default in payment.
4 Cancellation by the customer, non-use of the services
In the event of a cancellation up to and including 60 days before the arrival date, OaseWeil will charge the customer a processing fee of EUR 50. If the cancellation is made between 59 and 30 days before the arrival date, OaseWeil is entitled to keep the deposit. In the event of a cancellation between 29 and 14 days before the arrival date, OaseWeil will charge the customer a cancellation fee of 80%, and if the cancellation is made any later then the charge is 100%.
5 Withdrawal by OaseWeil
OaseWeil is entitled to withdraw from the contract in an extraordinary without giving a notice period for justified reasons, particularly if
(1) force majeure or other circumstances for which OaseWeil is not responsible make the fulfilment of the contract impossible,
(2) the customer has culpably provided confusing or false information about contractual matters, for example about themselves or the purpose of their stay,
(3) the tree house that has been booked is sublet without the consent of OaseWeil or used for purposes other than accommodation or for illegal purposes,
(4) the customer breaches the terms and conditions and/or the house rules. for example by constantly disturbing other tenants despite being warned about this,
(5) OaseWeil has good reason to believe that the use of their services would present a risk to the smooth operation of the business, the safety or the public appearance of OaseWeil without this being attributable to the management or organisational area of the hotel.
Justified withdrawal on the part of OaseWeil does not entitle the customer to make any claims for damages or other compensation. Claims made by OaseWeil for the restoration of damage that occurs to OaseWeil and the expenses incurred are not affected in the event of a justified termination of the contract.
6 Bad weather and storms
If there is a risk of dangerous weather or storms, OaseWeil is entitled to close the tree house that has been booked for safety reasons and provide the customer with emergency accommodation. Instructions given by staff members to leave the tree house must be followed.
If such a change in accommodation occurs, the customer is entitled to a reduction in the booked accommodation costs of 50%.
7 Liability, limitation period, compensation
The tree houses are handed over in a clean and tidy condition. If there are any deficiencies or any are identified during the rental period, OaseWeil must be informed immediately. According to legal provisions, the customer is liable for any damage to the rental property, the inventory and the communal facilities, e.g. broken crockery, damage to the floor or the furniture caused by them or third parties known to them. This includes the loss of keys and other access media. The inventory should be handled gently and with due care and is only intended to remain in the tree houses. The contract can be terminated without a notice period if the tree houses are used for purposes that are contrary to the contract. The rent that has already been paid will be kept by OaseWeil. If the customer has liability insurance, the damage must be communicated to their insurance provider. The name, address and insurance number must be communicated to OaseWeil immediately.
Liability on the part of OaseWeil for breaches of contractual obligations and arising from criminal offences is limited to intent and gross negligence. Excluded from this are damages arising from injury to the life, body or health of the customer and damages arising from a breach of major obligations; in this respect OaseWeil is responsible for any degree of fault. If a major obligation is breached, liability is limited to regular and foreseeable damages. Major obligations are essential obligations that arise from the nature of the contract, the restriction of which would jeopardise the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract, in other words in particular those obligations that enable the proper implementation of the contract in the first place and which the customer regularly does and should be able to rely on being complied with.
Where limitation on the part of the tree house hotel is excluded or restricted, this also applies to the personal liability of the legal representatives, employees, staff and agents of OaseWeil.
The customer is aware that a tree house carries certain risks with it, for example in the form of steep steps, low door lintels, a risk of falling inside and on the walkway, particularly when it is wet or snowy, branch breaks and other things. OaseWeil is not liable for personal damage or damage to the customer’s property. The customer uses the tree house and the surrounding OaseWeil area at their own risk. They must take reasonable measures to remedy malfunctions and keep possible damage to a minimum. The customer must inform OaseWeil of any malfunctions or deficiencies immediately. If malfunctions or deficiencies are known to OaseWeil, OaseWeil will make every effort to ensure these are remedied.
OaseWeil is liable for items the customer has brought with them according to the legal provisions of §§ 701 et seqq. of the Civil Code.
Where liability on the part of OaseWeil for damage that is not based on an injury to life, body or health for slight negligence is not excluded, claims of this type lapse one year from the start of the statutory limitation period.
Customers can only offset or settle against claims on the part of the Tree House Hotel if the claims are undisputed or have been legally established.
Please note that the hotel does not offer any facilities for secure storage of items in a hotel safe or room safe. Any items brought into the hotel are therefore brought in at guest’s own risk.
8 Photos, film and advertising
OaseWeil reserves the right to take photos and film within the OaseWeil grounds, including those that show guests. These photos and film may be used for advertising purposes and to present OaseWeil to the public.
If the customer does not wish to appear in pictures or film, they should avoid getting into the shot and talking to the photographers.
9 House rules
The house rules are part of these terms and conditions and are available on the OaseWeil website, in the reception and in the information folder in each tree house.
In the event of a severe breach of the house rules, OaseWeil is entitled to terminate the contractual relationship following an ineffective warning.
The invalidity of individual provisions of these terms and conditions does not affect the validity of the remaining provisions. An effective provision that comes as close as possible to the economic substance of the invalid provision will replace this. The same applies to possible gaps in the contract.
The correction of errors, particularly typing and calculation errors in written offers, confirmations or brochures issued by OaseWeil is reserved.
Ancillary agreements must be in writing.
The place of performance and payment is the headquarters of OaseWeil in Weil im Schönbuch.
German law applies. The use of UN Sales Law is excluded.
The sole place of jurisdiction is Stuttgart.
As of 23. January 2020
your safety and well-being are important to us. For all guests to have a pleasant stay, we ask you to carefully read and adhere to the following house rules.
Our Treehouse hotel nestled within a nature reserve is a place of recreation and relaxation. Please act responsibly on the premises and in the Treehouses so that other guests are not disturbed. In case of severe weather warnings, we reserve the right to vacate the facility. In this case, we will inform you immediately and discuss further procedures with you. Please follow the instructions of the staff for your own safety.
- To book a Treehouse or make a reservation a person has to be over the age of 18.
- It is not possible to park directly at the Treehouses. You should leave your vehicle in the OaseWeil carpark immediately on the right-hand side after entering the premises. The terms and conditions of OaseWeil Carpark apply.
- No pets of any kind are permitted on the premises of OaseWeil.
- When checking in at the reception you will receive 2 KeyCards for your Treehouse. The KeyCard opens both the entrance gate and the Treehouse door. KeyCards must be returned to the reception during check out. For loss of a KeyCard we will charge 10 Euro.
- Only checked-in guests are allowed in the Treehouses.
- Children under the age of 18 cannot occupy a Treehouse. A legal guardian must be staying with them at all times. So please attend to your children to avoid any mishappenings. Parents are responsible for their children.
- Within the Treehouses only house slippers may be used. For that purpose we provide shoe socks with rubber soles upon your check-in which you may take home. Please stow your outdoor shoes in the shoe racks provided in the entrance area (carpeted area).
- Please avoid causing disturbance to other guests especially between 10 pm and 6 am. If any disturbances occur and a warning from authorized staff doesn’t stop it, guests will be asked to leave the hotel without a refund.
- The Treehouses and all facilities especially sanitary facilities are to be treated properly in order to avoid damage and to be kept them in a clean condition.
- Please use the rubbish bins provided in the Treehouses. Please do not dispose of sanitary napkins, tampons, baby wipes, diapers or similar items in the toilets. Only toilet paper should be flushed down.
- All flames e.g. candle lights – even in lanterns – are not permitted for the safety of our guests. Flammable and highly combustible substances (such as spirits, lighter gas, firecrackers etc.) are not to be stored or used in Treehouses and the surrounding premises.
- Please close all windows and doors when leaving the Treehouse during your stay and during rain, snowfall and storms.
- Please limit opening the windows to air only for a few minutes during the heating season.
- Please do not shake out or throw out anything from the windows, doors, balconies or terraces.
- Tree trunks supporting the Treehouses or any kind of frames supporting the Treehouses as well as fences should not be climbed. Emergency exit windows and the adjacent balconies may only be used in time of emergency.
- Please keep all stairs inside and outside the Treehouses clear of obstructions for emergency purposes. Use the bridge of the Treehouse to get in and out.
- Wi-Fi internet access is available throughout our Treehouses. Please observe all relevant legal requirements, in particular, copyrights of third parties are to be observed. Uploads and downloads via so-called file-sharing networks are not permitted and will result in a claim for damages. The user will be held responsible.